Monday, April 30, 2012

Eco-Friendly: Ten Cars That Get >40 mpg

I recently came across an interesting article on efficient/hybrid cars. I was excited to learn that Toyota may be coming out with a non-hybrid car called the iQ that will get 55 mpg.  You'll also notice in this article that many fuel efficient diesel cars are available in Europe but not in the United States. The Toyota iQ would be the smallest four passenger vehicle in the world. I think this concept makes sense for people who rarely have more than 1 passenger but want to have the option of transporting more than 1 friend. My 6'3" Dad wouldn't like this car but for me it would be great! I am accustomed to smaller vehicles. I've never purchased my own vehicle but have driven a 1986 Pontiac Firebird and two Toyotas. I'm currently driving a 39 mpg hand-me-down Corolla from my Mom and saving my money for carbon fiber bikes and an eco-friendly vehicle!
10 Cars That Get More Than 40 Miles Per Gallon

May 03, 2012 UPDATE

Driving home from work yesterday I saw a billboard: Scion iQ.  This car has been released by Scion and it gets a measly 37 mpg. If there were greater market demand for fuel efficiency I'm sure they would have maintained the high MPG specifications.   I'm a little disappointed! The price point it great.